Full Refurbishment of existing Heritage Grade II listed building to upgrade existing classrooms. We undertook a complete validation of existing M&E services, including specialist BMS system to determine condition of existing services that were to remain functional whilst works took place.
DESIGN & BUILD : MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL SERVICES WITHIN LIVE COLLEGE
- Design and build of complete mechanical and electrical services across 6 no. phases of works to enable college to maintain ongoing education on adjacent floors.
- New heating system provided via new plantrooms to each block.
- Electrical services inclusive of new BMS system to interlink with existing graphics and work alongside existing site wide controls, new internal lighting and associated controls, power, new ICT data and fibre system to connect into existing site wide infrastructure, new fire alarm system to connect into existing site wide infrastructure, access control and intruder alarm.
- Managed shutdown and changeover of existing ICT fibre network to enable a functional college to maintain the ICT system with little impact.
- Managed shutdown and upgrade of existing fire alarm software to enable fire protection to be kept to each block.
- Mechanical services inclusive of; LTHW heating pipework, domestic water services pipework and local ventilation systems.
- High-intensity management and coordination of services and resolution of engineering problems to enable M&E services to be installed within a Grade II listed building
- Fast track installation with close management of materials with 10 week lead times and limited storage space to ensure ‘JIT’ deliveries were achieved