Mechanical and electrical services to new technology block, whilst operating within live school.
DESIGN & BUILD : MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL SERVICES
- TBS undertook a validation of existing electrical loads due to concerns with the addition of the new block, which was planned to complete prior to demolition and relocation of students from existing blocks
- Electrical services inclusive of a new main LV supply, new BMS system, new ICT data and fibre system to connect into existing site wide infrastructure, new fire alarm system, lighting and controls, intruder alarm, CCTV and lightning protection system
- Mechanical services inclusive of; LTHW heating system connected to existing boiler plant, domestic water services pipework, fresh air ventilation systems, dust extract system and air conditioning system
- Automatic natural ventilation window system was provided to the first floor
- Managed shutdown and changeover of existing LV supplies to enable a redundant blocks to decamp at planned times