Building 29, Southampton University
8 storey university education block refurbishment with full chemistry lab strip-out and re-fit
PRE-DESIGNED : STRIP-OUT & RE-FIT MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL WORK SERVICES
- Mechanical services included: LTHW amendments, processed chilled water (-5 and +5 degrees), environmental chilled, domestic services (including changing from gravity fed domestic services to cat 3 and cat 5 boosted systems), full natural gas strip-out and install, specialist lab gas install (including, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and vacuum), BMS and fume extract control systems (supply and extract integrated VAV control system for the entire building), including wind response energy saving systems
- Electrical services included: high end AV installation across laboratory floors, small power and lighting, replacement of all distribution boards throughout the building, full test and inspection on completion of DB replacements
- Co-ordination of services required to enable installation of large amount of M&E services in very congested ceiling voids
- Very fast paced, technical project carried out over the summer break as not to disrupt university teaching within the laboratories.
- Complexed phased handover to facility the university occupation dates